[Clc-crux64] Multilib support in gcc

Jeremy Jones jeremy at samnjack.com
Mon Apr 18 15:09:17 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I've been trying to build 32-bit support into gcc for a while (off & on)
for my x86_64 crux release.  What I've done on my own system is to
borrow (steal?) gentoo's emul-linux-x86 stuff, which is basically a
precompiled 32-bit suite of libraries.  Still, however, I haven't been
able to get gcc to compile with ./configure --enable-multilib.

With gentoo's emul-linux-x86 stuff, I am able to run precompiled,
dynamically linked 32-bit binaries (like vmware, for instance).  Anyone
have any insights into what's required to get 32-bit support into gcc
when starting with a purely 64-bit base system?

Jeremy