[Clc-crux64] to -fPIC or not to -fPIC

Lars Helmer lasso at spacecentre.se
Sun Apr 24 16:40:50 UTC 2005

On Fri, April 22, 2005 5:15 pm, Jeremy Jones said:
> hi,
>
> On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 08:24 +0200, Lars Helmer wrote:
>> i say go with -fPIC. if no other reason then at least to stay as close
>> as possible to the original ports. there is always the opportunity to
>> remove the flag manually if the need arises.
>
> Done.  iso image rebuilt, ports updated.

great! don't know if i'll try it though, the old one working so
nicely so far...

>> just my 2 öre.
>
> Will 2 ore buy me a beer?  Most of a beer?

nah. öre is like the swedish counterpart to cent, but only worth
a bit more than a tenth of it. but given your nice work i'll
personally buy you at least one beer if you'll happen to be passing
through somewhere around the south of sweden... :)

cheers

lars