[Clc-crux64] THANK YOU

Jeremy Jones jeremy at samnjack.com
Tue Apr 26 15:40:47 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Mon, 2005-04-25 at 18:42 -0400, Lazy Wally wrote:
> what would I have to do if I wanted to compile all ports with
> -march=k8, or make an ISO for myself. Please keep in mind that I am
> not very knowledgable :-)

You can edit /etc/pkgmk.conf & replace the generic "-march=x86-64" with
the more specific "-march=k8".  Then, cd /usr/ports/base-x86_64 and run
"pkgmk -d -u -r -f".  Do the same thing in /usr/ports/opt-x86_64 if you
like.  If you want to build an iso, you can download this tarball:

http://www.samnjack.com/crux-amd64/crux-x86_64.tar.gz

It's the build environment for the iso.  If you want to change the
CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS for the iso, make sure you first edit your "real"
pkgmk.conf (as above) AND edit my patch to pkgutils
(/path/to/decompressed/tarball/ports/base/pkgutils/pkgutils-5.19.patch)
so the iso won't revert to my original settings during the bootstrap.
You'll see what to change in that file.

So, to build the iso, change your cflags, edit that patch, cd
into /path/to/decompressed/tarball, and do this:

# make bootstrap

Now go to work, or go to bed, or go on vacation or something, cuz this
takes a looooong time.

When convinced the bootstrap process has finished (check your logfiles
in the top of the build directory), do this:

# make iso

et voila: crux.iso is ready.

This build process is Per's cvs build tree with a few hacks to the
Makefile and the setup script to make installation on x86_64 work right
(what with the /lib -> lib64 symlinks & such).  Anyone who sees where it
can be improved, please let me know...

Jeremy