[Clc-crux64] VMWare 5

Jeremy Jones jjones at djc.state.id.us
Thu Apr 28 15:24:57 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 13:12 +0300, Jonipentti Järvinen wrote:
> is it possible to run latest VMWare on Crux-x86_64?

Yes it is.  However, I think I need to build some more 32-bit
compatibility packages.

Prior to the first release, I had my development system running with a
couple hacked-together 32-bit compat packages stolen from gentoo, and I
ran vmware 5 on it just fine.  Right now, in opt-x86_64, there's
glibc32, x1132, and zlib32 ports.  I think I need to add a gtk32 port,
maybe one or two others as well.  I'll get those built some time today,
so run "ports -u" around 5:00pm mountain standard time (you'll have to
do the math there), then check in your opt-x86_64 ports directory.

As a side note, do you know if vmware is capable of providing a 64-bit
guest environment when running on a 64-bit host?  All I got was 32 when
I ran it before...

Jeremy