[Clc-crux64] Re: libglut crux port

Daniel Mueller daniel at danm.de
Sun Aug 28 19:55:25 UTC 2005

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 20:37:36 +0200 (CEST)
Lars Helmer wrote:

> i recently installed your x86-64 iso and it works great!

Nice to hear.

> my next step is getting ati's drivers up and running, but
> they require some 32 bit stuff installed. most of which is
> present in your compat32 repo, but not all.

Hmm, do you know that you cannot mix up 64bit and 32bit libraries?

> now to my issue, mesa is needed and the mesa port depends
> on the libglut port, so i figured i'd start with a 64 bit
> version of libglut. i modified the libglut port a bit
> (Pkgfile attached) but the libglut.la file is inevitably
> 32 bit. so, where does it come from, and how do i create
> a 64 bit version?

First of all, libglut.la is just an ASCII text file. Its job
is to help the GNU linker (ld) to include all necessary files.
I created that file myself (manually) - it's not generated by any
script of libglut's sources.

Change the lib-paths and you'll get a '64bit' version of it.

-------snip--------

[..]
# Libraries that this one depends upon
dependency_libs=' -lGLU -L/usr/X11R6/lib64 -lSM -lICE -lXmu -lXext -lXi
-lX11'
[..]
# Directory that this library needs to be installed in:
libdir='/usr/lib64'

bye, danm

--
Daniel Mueller          http://www.danm.de
Berlin, Germany         OpenPGP: 1024D/E4F4383A