[Clc-crux64] Re: libglut crux port

Lars Helmer lasso at spacecentre.se
Sun Aug 28 22:31:57 UTC 2005

yeah, maybe we should take this on the list for
everyones benefit...

On Sun, August 28, 2005 9:55 pm, Daniel Mueller said:
> On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 20:37:36 +0200 (CEST)
> Lars Helmer wrote:
>
>> i recently installed your x86-64 iso and it works great!
>
> Nice to hear.
>
>> my next step is getting ati's drivers up and running, but
>> they require some 32 bit stuff installed. most of which is
>> present in your compat32 repo, but not all.
>
> Hmm, do you know that you cannot mix up 64bit and 32bit libraries?

what do you mean? it is 64 bit drivers (why they depend on some
32 bit packages i don't know...)

>> now to my issue, mesa is needed and the mesa port depends
>> on the libglut port, so i figured i'd start with a 64 bit
>> version of libglut. i modified the libglut port a bit
>> (Pkgfile attached) but the libglut.la file is inevitably
>> 32 bit. so, where does it come from, and how do i create
>> a 64 bit version?
>
> First of all, libglut.la is just an ASCII text file. Its job
> is to help the GNU linker (ld) to include all necessary files.
> I created that file myself (manually) - it's not generated by any
> script of libglut's sources.
>
> Change the lib-paths and you'll get a '64bit' version of it.

thanks, i had no idea this is how it hangs together... i guess
one learns something new every day... ;)

danm, do you want me to send you a copy of the port for the
contrib64 repo?

cheers,

lars