[Clc-crux64] Re: libglut crux port

Daniel Mueller daniel at danm.de
Mon Aug 29 18:35:12 UTC 2005

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 00:31:57 +0200 (CEST)
Lars Helmer wrote:

> > Hmm, do you know that you cannot mix up 64bit and 32bit libraries?
> what do you mean? it is 64 bit drivers (why they depend on some
> 32 bit packages i don't know...)

See [1] Quote:

[..]
Although the processor can schedule processes to run in compatibility
mode while the operating system runs in long mode, a single process
_cannot_have_both_ x86 and AMD64 code segments linked together, nor can
a single process run in both long and compatibility modes. This means
that the AMD64 Linux kernel cannot use x86 drivers unless the drivers
are recompiled to the AMD64 architecture.
[..]

> danm, do you want me to send you a copy of the port for the
> contrib64 repo?

If you like, yes.

bye, danm

[1]
http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/DownloadableAssets/Porting_x86_Linux_device_drivers_to_AMD64_Technology.htm

--
Daniel Mueller          http://www.danm.de
Berlin, Germany         OpenPGP: 1024D/E4F4383A