[Clc-crux64] CRUX64(-danm) and CLC

Lucas Hazel lucas at digitillogic.net
Wed Dec 21 02:47:50 UTC 2005

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 20:47:48 -0500
"David M. Strang" <dstrang at shellpower.net> wrote:

> > I'm planning to integrate AMD's 64bit glibc-patches and using gcc4 instead
> > of
> > gcc3.
>
> Sounds good. Offbeat question... how horrible of an upgrade will it be from
> gcc3 to gcc4? Or is there no upgrade; is it simply a reload?

Good timing in my books, I was considering doing a reinstallation on my
amd64 box, now I'll wait for the gcc4 release of crux64.

Regarding -fPIC, I've come across a few applications that won't compile
without it. I've heard that not using it results in a slight
performance increase, but that doesn't bother me. I'd rather my 0.2%
CPU time to be used doing things correctly rather than quickly.

--
Lucas Hazel <lucas at digitillogic.net>

"Clothes make the man. Naked men are rarely taken
seriously, or given employment." (Mark Twain)