[Clc-crux64] CRUX64(-danm) and CLC

Lucas Hazel lucas at digitillogic.net
Wed Dec 21 14:25:28 UTC 2005

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 14:38:14 +0100 (CET)
"lars helmer" <lasso at spacecentre.se> wrote:

> just a thought...
>
> what about skipping /lib /usr/lib altogether? maybe this
> is a really bad idea for reasons unknown to me, but what
> i am looking for getting rid of any 32-bit libraries ending
> up in /lib by mistake (because i am to tired/drunk when
> creating the port or whatever). since lib is the default
> for 32-bit libraries its easier to spot the mistakes this
> way.

Having /lib /usr/lib symliked to /lib64 /usr/lib64 means that for many
ports existing in the original contrib can be installed without
modification. If you're volunteering to port all of contrib then I say
go for it. But then you tend to be drunk when porting so it's probably
not a good idea ;P

--
Lucas Hazel <lucas at digitillogic.net>

"Clothes make the man. Naked men are rarely taken
seriously, or given employment." (Mark Twain)