[Clc-crux64] CRUX64(-danm) and CLC

lars helmer lasso at spacecentre.se
Tue Dec 27 17:43:27 UTC 2005

hello,

merry xmas (war is over) etc...

On Wed, December 21, 2005 3:25 pm, Lucas Hazel wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 14:38:14 +0100 (CET)
> "lars helmer" <lasso at spacecentre.se> wrote:
>

>> just a thought...
>>
>> what about skipping /lib /usr/lib altogether? maybe this is a really bad
>> idea for reasons unknown to me, but what i am looking for getting rid of
>> any 32-bit libraries ending up in /lib by mistake (because i am to
>> tired/drunk when creating the port or whatever). since lib is the
>> default for 32-bit libraries its easier to spot the mistakes this way.
>
> Having /lib /usr/lib symliked to /lib64 /usr/lib64 means that for many
> ports existing in the original contrib can be installed without
> modification. If you're volunteering to port all of contrib then I say go
> for it. But then you tend to be drunk when porting so it's probably not a
> good idea ;P

that is a good point, and no, i am not volunteering for the job. but
the "native" crux64 ports afaik installs to lib64 and i know i tend
to modify contrib ports that i install to do the same. moreover, these
modified ports i do volunteer to upload to some contrib64 repo if
there is any interest.

another thing... is there a new version coming up soon-ish?

cheers,

lars