[Clc-crux64] CRUX64(-danm) and CLC

Lucas Hazel lucas at digitillogic.net
Wed Dec 28 01:50:04 UTC 2005

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 18:58:00 +0100
Daniel Mueller <daniel at danm.de> wrote:

> On AMD64, this is a necessity, if shared objects aren't built with support for
> position independent code, the build process bails out with an error message
> like this:
>
> foo.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 can not be used when making a shared
> object; recompile with -fPIC
> [..]

Yeah, I've hit this error quite a few times. For instance openobex
refuses to build shared libraries, so the satic libraries _must_ be
built with -fPIC.

Speaking of new versions, have you had a chance to play with Tilman's
mod-x repo? I managed to port it to amd64 only encountering a few
problems, but I gave up when I was getting relocation errors when
trying to port the libraries for 32bit compatability. For some reason
it was building x86_64_elf objects despite the usual 32bit environment
varibales, even if using linux32.