[Clc-crux64] gcc 32/64bit

Daniel Mueller daniel at danm.de
Thu Jul 21 21:26:45 UTC 2005

Hey,

I've played with CRUX64 this week and found out that the current gcc
isn't able to produce 32bit binaries (--disable-multilib). Since we are
using /lib32 instead of /lib for (32bit) libraries gcc needs to be
patched. I've attached two ports that I am using at the moment. I had
to use a SuSE (64bit) to build it, because of the missing
libgcc_s_32.so in CRUX64's gcc.

Johannes sent me an interesting link yesterday:
http://gcc.fyxm.net/summit/2003/Porting%20to%2064%20bit.pdf

Currently I'm working on a CRUX64 which is able to build 32bit
applications natively. If someone is interested - I'll release my
results at http://crux.danm.de (page is still empty :-).

I'd like to thank Jeremy for his work on CRUX64!

bye, danm

--
Daniel Mueller          http://www.danm.de
Berlin, Germany         OpenPGP: 1024D/E4F4383A