[Clc-crux64] RE: Fwd: i686 vs x86_64 on AMD64

Jeremy Jones jeremy at samnjack.com
Thu Jun 16 15:33:39 UTC 2005

Ron Young wrote:

>How does the 32bit app know which library to use , or is this done at
>compile time? What do mean by install the package to your real system?
>
>Ron Young

If you have lines like this in your ld.so.conf, the 32-bit apps will
find 'em:

/home/jeremy/crux-i686/lib
/home/jeremy/crux-i686/usr/lib
/home/jeremy/crux-i686/usr/X11R6/lib

By "real system", I mean the system you boot to, not the chroot
environment.  Of course, I suppose you could just install them to your
chroot environment, then add the full path to your PATH env, like

export
PATH=$PATH:/home/jeremy/crux-i686/bin:/home/jeremy/crux-i686/sbin:and-so-on

Jeremy