[Clc-crux64] crux64 runs great so far

Ron Young ronyoung at adelphia.net
Wed May 25 07:16:12 UTC 2005

I just installed crux64 . Everything is running great some far. I moved up
to 2.6.12-rc4-git7.

I took out the -fPIC flag and everything I have build so far installed fine.
So I don't know when its required.

I installed the Nvidia driver ,alsa utils,beep,xfce4,lm-sensors.

The sensors are reading correctly and the sound is great. Glxgears runs
about 7500 frames/sec. Card is a evga6600GT. I haven't played with any
options to try to get to run faster.

The only trouble I've had is some the ports ( gkrellm ) and the xfce4
graphical installer can't find the X11 libraries. What do I do to fix that??

So far this is the smoothest distro install I've had. Great job.

 Thanks Ron Young