[Clc-crux64] crux64 runs great so far

Jeremy Jones jeremy at samnjack.com
Wed May 25 17:57:54 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 10:33 -0700, Ron Young wrote:
> The package gkrellm still sticks in -L/usr/X11R6/lib . I tried setting
> LDFLAGS it didn't change. Maybe I'm setting it wrong. When is pkgmk.conf
> read. Is it every time a package is build?

Yes, pkgmk.conf is read every time you build a package.  It's possible
that you'll need to patch gkrellm to build for x86-64 arch.  Take a look
at the Makefile in the source and check to see if /usr/X11R6/lib is
hard-coded somewhere.

> It seems that a link or alias needs to be made between gtk and gtk32. The
> command "prt-get depends" says that gtk is missing. This doesn't effect the
> build, just produces a "missing" message.

Check a couple things:  what files are in your /etc/ports directory?
You should have base-x86_64.httpup, opt-x86_64.httpup.  In addition, you
should have either:

1) clc.cvsup and crux.cvsup, if you've installed the cvsup32 package

OR

2) contrib.httpup, base.httpup, and opt.httpup if you have not installed
cvsup32 and are using only httpup for grabbing ports.

Run "ports -u".  Then you should have the following directories, at
least, in /usr/ports:

base, base-x86_64, opt, opt-x86_64, and contrib.

Next, check in /etc/prt-get.conf and make sure /usr/ports/base-x86_64 is
listed before /usr/ports/base, and that /usr/ports/opt-x86_64 is listed
before /usr/ports/opt.

> The packages I've installed so far have lots of dependences. Does that mean
> they are built as 64-bit. How does this work. Xfce4 its self has many
> dependences ( cups ghostscrip etc). All are working perfectly.

More than likely.  If you've built them yourself and you've used the gcc
included on the crux-x86_64 iso, you'll be using 64-bit libs & binaries,
since the gcc I've included does not support multilib.  To check, pick a
binary on your system that you've compiled with "file":

# file /usr/bin/ar
/usr/bin/ar: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, AMD x86-64, version 1 (SYSV),
for GNU/Linux 2.6.0, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped

Jeremy