[Clc-crux64] CRUX64 - gcc-4.0.2

Daniel Mueller daniel at danm.de
Tue Nov 8 23:21:06 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 08 November 2005 23:55, Joe Gilmour wrote:

> Hi Danm,
>
> You mentioned that you've just finished a 64-gcc4 iso.  Is it available
> for download?  If so could you let me know the address?

Yes it is:
http://crux.danm.de/files/iso/2.1-64bit-gcc4-head/

(See http://crux.danm.de for more information)

_BUT_

> The machine is working fine and is mission critical so I don't want to
> experiment too much.

Then DO NOT use it! CVS-head is a development version.

> I'm using the 64 bit version from the crux web site but now some of the
> ports aren't being updated and others no longer compile.

You're using Jeremy's version right? Hmmm.. maybe my repositories could help
you to keep some ports up-to-date.

http://crux.danm.de/files/base64.httpup
http://crux.danm.de/files/opt64.httpup

You'll probably get error messages like this:

----------snip----------
$ pkgadd -u imlib#1.9.15-1.pkg.tar.gz
usr/lib64/libImlib.a
usr/lib64/libImlib.la
[..]
pkgadd: listed file(s) already installed (use -f to ignore and overwrite)

This happens, because /usr/lib is a symlink to --> /usr/lib64. Jeremy
installed all libraries into /usr/lib. I decided to avoid /usr/lib and
installed the files to */lib{64,32} instead of */lib.

bye, danm

--
Daniel Mueller
Berlin, Germany         OpenPGP: 1024D/E4F4383A