[Clc-crux64] libglut woes

Lars Helmer lasso at spacecentre.se
Wed Oct 26 18:12:03 UTC 2005

hello,

yesterday i set out to update some of the ports i've
contributed. i started out with libglut and got some
strange error from ld. after some tinkering i decided
to try building the old port currently in contrib64
and got the same error:

mklib: Making Linux shared library:  libglut.so.3.7.1
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/X11R6/lib64/libGL.a(glapi.o): relocation R_X86_64_32
against `a local symbol' can not be used when making a shared object;
recompile with -fPIC
/usr/X11R6/lib64/libGL.a: could not read symbols: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

and it _is_ compiled with -fPIC. pkginfo -o /usr/X11R6/lib64/libGL.a
says x11 and to my knowledge i haven't installed anything
overwriting that file (everything on my system is installed
with ports btw).

have anyone else seen this error and/or know what can be done
about it?

cheers,

lars