[Clc-crux64] Status CRUX 2.1.1

Daniel Mueller daniel at danm.de
Sun Jan 15 01:38:09 UTC 2006

Hello,

for those who are interested in: I'm still working on CRUX 2.1.1 64bit. I came
across some problems with glibc and x11 which took me a lot of time. However,
here are the key changes so far:

- glibc 2.3.6 with linuxthreads AND Native Posix Threads (nptl)
  linuxthreads -> lib64/*.so
  nptl -L lib64/tls/*.so
  I hope I'll get UML-Linux running this time..

- xorg 6.9.0
  I got 'segmentation faults' without "-fno-strict-aliasing". If I get
  any further problems I'll move back to 6.8.2 :-(

- gcc 4.0.2

- pkgutils with arch extension (arch=.. in Pkgfile).
  See [1] for further information.

- the ports directory reflects crux.nu's new structure:
  /usr/ports/{core,opt,contrib,compat32}

The ports are not accessable through crux.nu's SVN yet. You can download a
tarball here [2].

Have a nice Sunday!

bye, danm

[1] http://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/clc-crux64/2005-December/000171.html
[2] http://crux.danm.de/files/stuff/crux-2.1.1-2006-01-15.tar.bz2
--
Daniel Mueller
Berlin, Germany         OpenPGP: 1024D/E4F4383A