[Clc-crux64] Upgrades

Daniel Mueller daniel at danm.de
Mon Jan 16 19:40:16 UTC 2006

Ron,

your ISP sucks:

<xxxxxxxx at verizon.net>: host relay.verizon.net[206.46.232.11] said: 550 Email
    from your Email Service Provider is currently blocked by Verizon Online's
    anti-spam system.  The email "sender" or Email Service Provider may visit
    http://www.verizon.net/whitelist and request removal of the block. (in
    reply to MAIL FROM command)

My host seems to be "clean":
http://rbls.org/?q=217.160.166.114

On Monday 16 January 2006 01:19, Ron Young wrote:

> I should have made my question clearer. I am using Crux
> 64-2.1-gcc4-head-iso.
>
> But in general if I do a upgrade, that effects the gcc tool chain. Then the
> upgrade replaces the base and opt packages. But it is up to me to recompile
> all the other effected packages, that I have added.

Oh, that are good conditions for an upgrade. The only "big" changes you'll
have to keep an eye on are glibc 2.3.6 - which is binary compatible to the
old one - and X11R6.9. If you own an nvidia card I highly recommend you to
DEINSTALL the nvidia package during CRUX update. Firefox32 depends now on
firefox(64bit). Last but not least you should use the newest pkgutils
(+ /etc/pkgmk.conf!! -> /var/lib/pkg/rejected/etc/pkgmk.conf) because I put
64/32bit logic in there.

I don't think a recompilation of all applications is needed in your case.

bye, danm

--
Daniel Mueller
Berlin, Germany         OpenPGP: 1024D/E4F4383A