[Clc-crux64] Announcement CRUX 2.1.1-64bit-rc1

Terry Maher tel at tel-fi.net
Mon Jan 30 00:32:01 UTC 2006

On Sat, January 28, 2006 23:05, Daniel Mueller wrote:

> Matt reported that he cannot boot the ISO on two different machines. It
> spins
> a bit and then it goes to the normal bootloader. These machines are
> Shuttle
> SN95G5 boxes. Anyone else who experienced the same issue?

I had the same problem with an Acer 650a (Acer GRS400M motherboard with an
ATI RS400 chipset). It was simple just to copy the contents of the CD to
an NFS directory and then boot from a floppy using NFS to access the root
directory.

The installation went without a glitch, except for one small problem doing
'ports -u'.  It did not work because of a missing shared library 'libidn'.
 But is was no problem just to download the port and install it.

Since then, there have been no problems running the release (except for
attempting to get ATI's proprietary driver to work, but that is another
topic completely).  Dan has done a great job putting together this release
and deserves a lot of praise and thank-yous.

--
Terry Maher (tel at tel-fi.net)
Paris, France