[Clc-crux64] Announcement CRUX 2.1.1-64bit-rc2

Daniel Mueller daniel at danm.de
Tue Jan 31 19:37:08 UTC 2006

Hello,

I transfered the second release candidate of CRUX 2.1.1-64bit[1] to
crux.danm.de yesterday.

Changes:
========

- Libidn moved from opt to core (thanks Terry),
- grub's xfs problem solved (thanks Matt),
- some port updates and
- the boot image uses syslinux 3.09 (instead of 3.11) again.

I've tested the following systems so far:

64bit (Intel EMT64/AMD64)
=========================

o Fujitsu Siemens Computers Scenic W620 i915G (Intel P4 64bit)
  => ISO booted successfully.

o Fujitsu Siemens Computers SCALEO P (Athlon64 3700+)
  => ISO booted successfully.

o HP Proliant DL360 G4(Intel P4 64bit) with Smart Array 6i (SCSI RAID1)
  => ISO booted successfully, all RAIDs were detected and were
     accessible. I had loved to test more server machines but this small
     flounder was the only one lying around.

32bit (Intel) ;-)
=================

o Fujitsu Siemens Computers Lifebook S4572 (Intel PIII 750)
  => After pressing F12 for choosing CD as primary boot device
     the bootloader "isolinux" started. Of course, CRUX could
     not boot (Kernel said: "Use a 32bit distribution"). I only
     wanted to see whether isolinux shows up.

bye, danm

[1] http://crux.danm.de/files/iso/2.1.1-64bit/

--
Daniel Mueller
Berlin, Germany         OpenPGP: 1024D/E4F4383A