[crux64] core ports package

Lucas Hazel lucas at die.net.au
Sat Feb 24 01:27:33 UTC 2007

To prevent a massive bugfest when CRUX64-2.3 get's released I'll start
making work available online. I currently have core and xorg going and
a small selection from opt.

The core ports are now available online:

http://nipul.die.net.au/core.tgz

Once I decide where to store the repositories, I will update the ports
port.

This also includes a multiarch version of pkgutils, so consider
it very beta. Regarding multiarch pkgutils. To reference non-native
ports (ie compat32) I have chosen the following syntax name at arch, you
can see this in the x86_64 version of gcc which required
glibc at compat32. To specify to build a compat32 port simply use pkgmk -a
compat32. However keep in mind that this breaks prt-get.

The first time around, pkgutils will have to be built manually. Once
that is done pkgutils can be rebuilt and installed using package
management.

It is recommended current users of Daniel's version of CRUX64 do
a fresh install due to the restructuring of core and the reversal of the
lib64->lib symlinks. However that said, I have successfully migrated
from the old version to this one by hand, YMMV.

--
Lucas Hazel <lucas at die.net.au>

"Clothes make the man. Naked men are rarely taken
seriously, or given employment." (Mark Twain)