[crux64] progress

Lucas Hazel lucas at die.net.au
Sun Jan 28 20:23:32 UTC 2007

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 17:25:13 +0100
"Tomas Lindquist Olsen" <tomas.l.olsen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks.
> I'm currently in a position where I'm about to destroy my Windows
> installation and go back to good old Linux.
>
> Has there been any progress on the new Crux64 ? I would very much like
> to get this instead of Gentoo or something.
> I'd really like to run a 64 bit version so the old crux32 is not
> really an option.
>
> I'm not that much of a hacker when it comes to making distros, but I
> know C/C++/D very well and am interested in helping out if I can.
>
> Also I did quite a lot of "porting" 32 bit ports to 64 bit last time,
> so here I could probably help out.

Things are coming along nicely. Just waiting for the official 2.3
release before crux64 2.3 is released. However, before anything is
release I would like to formalise the multiarch process.

For now I have a large number of ports ready for amd64 aswell as
compat32 stuff. I don't really have a progress report as such. I will
endevour to get something online at some stage however things are a bit
crazy here at the moment.

--
Lucas Hazel <lucas at die.net.au>

"Clothes make the man. Naked men are rarely taken
seriously, or given employment." (Mark Twain)